- DWE In The Community
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc - A Challenge To Change Expo - Saturday, January 20th, 2018
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority - Holiday Hustle for Health - Saturday December 9th, 2017
- Sickle Cell Awareness Gala - Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Women of Color Task Force 35th Annual Career Conference - Friday, March 3, 2017
- Get Healthy Together - Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Staff Appreciation - Wednesday, February 8, 2017
On Saturday, September 30th in support of the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America MI Chapter, Inc., an evening filled with food, entertainment and dynamic speakers were sponsored by the T.Willis Foundation.
Not sure what sickle cell disease is? Sickle cell disease or sickle cell anemia is a genetic abnormality and is caused by an abnormal type of hemoglobin, called hemoglobin S or sickle hemoglobin. These altered cells cannot carry oxygen properly because when they release oxygen, it sticks together and changes the shape of the red blood cell. Sickle cell affects all age groups, newborns to adults.
Dance With Elegance attended the Gala and provided a demonstration of Detroit Style Urban Ballroom dancing.
Dance With Elegance - Urban Ballroom dancers